ATTAIN - Travel Information System
Problem: Delivering timely and accurate information about public transport options to travelling public.
Solution: ATTAIN is a journey planning software designed for ease of customization to suit the requirements of different clients. Currently supported features are:
- specification of journeys using NaPTAN codes, street names, landmarks and places of interest
- support for registration of user preferences (fastest journey time, shortest walking distance. etc)
- specification of either departure or arrival time
- specification of alternative travel times/dates
- delivery of the journey plan as an SMS message or as a web-page
- provision of alternative journey planbs (reflecting user preferences)
- information about the total journey time, total walking distance and the interchanges
- graphics illustration of all journey plans using customized maps
- touch-screen interface to a kiosk-based inplementation of the ATTAIN system with graphics navigation and variable amount of geographical detail depending on zoom level
Result: A customized version of the ATTAIN system was implemented as TripTimes for the Nottingham City Council and the Nottingham City Transport.